The 1.10 snapshots just keep coming! This week's snapshot is a little feature-light, but carries with it a truckload of bug-fixes. The initial snapshot had many bugs, but so many were reported that they were addressed quickly. Awesome! As bugs are the main focus here, it is a good time to mention that the bug tracker has a search function, so anyone reporting bugs can easily see if a bug they have discovered has a ticket already. Be sure to search first!
Of particular note: there are a number of sound effects missing, both in the prior snapshot, and this one. This is not a bug! One of the joys in adding new content is adding all of the new parts to it, sound included. Missing sounds will be added later on, no worries! Having said that, the bugs were many, and here is what was fixed:
- Bug MC-10046] - Random destination routine has a small statistical tendency to move more north west (fix included)
- [Bug MC-28424] - Untamed wolves and ocelots disappear
- [Bug MC-82425] - Insertion tag (tell raw) won't work on servers
- [Bug MC-84422] - No teleportation from any vehicle
- [Bug MC-86295] - The Ender Crystal beam is going the other way
- [Bug MC-92165] - Minecarts won't pick up entities
- [Bug MC-93642] - XPOrb texture turns gray right before reaching player
- [Bug MC-93830] - Wolf tail height is not based on ratio of Health to maxHealth
- [Bug MC-95910] - Unable to activate end portal with non-air blocks in the middle
- [Bug MC-95973] - Adult Horse/Donkey Pathfinding Issue: 1 block elevations treated as 'non-traversable' terrain in certain configurations
- [Bug MC-96131] - /execute detect command causing entities within a chunk to be scoreboard reset
- [Bug MC-96269] - Skeletons, stray, witches, blazes, guardians and snowman can't shoot while in boats
- [Bug MC-97201] - Elytra stops working on relog
- [Bug MC-97526] - Signs, banners, skulls and chests are flashing when item spawner is nearby
- [Bug MC-97602] - Shift+clicking shield from inventory to shield slot
- [Bug MC-99945] - Cooked fish with numeric IDs not imported properly
- [Bug MC-101001] - Fishing rod cannot pull items
- [Bug MC-101680] - Batching chunks
- [Bug MC-102052] - Structure Blocks don't save properly
- [Bug MC-102068] - "fallingdust" Particle doesn't seem to work
- [Bug MC-102085] - New Polar Bear mob got stuck in standing position.
- [Bug MC-102091] - blocks hitbox/f3 crosshair issues
- [Bug MC-102103] - Savanna village blacksmith buildings burn themselves down
- [Bug MC-102119] - Polar Bear gets stuck in blocks when trying to chase the player
- [Bug MC-102209] - Structure Blocks melt snow
- [Bug MC-102238] - Surface-level Abandoned Mineshafts generate outside Mesa and its Variants
- [Bug MC-102278] - Mob pathfinding do not avoid the magma block
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, they might become self-aware, and make the toasters talk to us!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar: Minecraft server jar
Short Title: Snapshot 16w21a Ready For Testing
Full Title: Snapshot 16w21a Ready For Testing
Raw Date: 2016-05-25 19:03:24
Nice Date: 7:03 pm, May 25, 2016
Content Length: 3467