Can you spot Grum?
It's snapshot time! Usually on a Wednesday, 16w41a needed an extra day in the oven, and is now baked to perfection. Seasoned mainly with bugfixes, there are still a few delectable changes as well. Let's get to it!
Entity selectors that don't find any entities now produce a more descriptive error message: "Selector '@e[type=zombie,c=0]' found nothing"
Observers no longer send out strong power
- [Bug MC-2912] - Creative Mode Hotbar Glitch when using Number Key to exchange items slots
- [Bug MC-11416] - Dispenser / Dropper / Piston / Command block placing is not consistent
- [Bug MC-59303] - When placed next to a cactus, the head of bed remains same
- [Bug MC-70806] - Blocks with a data value > 0 have missing texture in superflat customization
- [Bug MC-80692] - WitherBoss attacks ArmorStands
- [Bug MC-96544] - Temperature Freezing Point Inconsistency
- [Bug MC-97982] - Offhand slot frame rotated 180 degrees compared to hotbar
- [Bug MC-98009] - Elytra equipment sound using Leather armor equipment sound
- [Bug MC-99103] - You can’t see remaining time when you have potion effect in Demo Mode
- [Bug MC-99599] - Server does not test if player is sleeping when receiving CPacketEntityAction.Action.STOP_SLEEPING
- [Bug MC-99603] - Wolves, Dogs, and Ocelots fall out of the world
- [Bug MC-99661] - Summoning a LeashKnot with a passenger entity crashes
- [Bug MC-99814] - help -1 throws unknown command exception
- [Bug MC-99900] - Enchantments boostrap class has the wrong error message when called before bootstrap
- [Bug MC-101249] - Target selectors ignore invalid arguments
- [Bug MC-102439] - Shield Desynchronizes
- [Bug MC-102683] - “Elder Guardian Flops” showed as “Guardian Flops” in subtitles
- [Bug MC-104901] - Suboptimal visibility and horrific look of the tool’s durability bar colors
- [Bug MC-105406] - OpenGL Leak in View Frustum
- [Bug MC-105898] - Mushrooms and crops cause bed to drop; leaves “head” of bed behind, same with double plant
- [Bug MC-106296] - Wrong subtitle for sound (sounds.json mistake)
- [Bug MC-107171] - maxEntityCramming is off-by-one
- [Bug MC-107407] - Zooming out an exploration map turns the map blank
- [Bug MC-107410] - Observer block outputs single game tick pulse, not single redstone tick pulse
- [Bug MC-107600] - Observer block causes bottom half of bed to break
- [Bug MC-107662] - Observers can cause blocks to be stuck in the powered state when being pushed by pistons
- [Bug MC-107730] - Oberserver block powers air blocks
- [Bug MC-107783] - Observer powers redstone dust only to level 1
- [Bug MC-107795] - Redstone connects to Observer Blocks on sides
- [Bug MC-107869] - Llamas often spawn in blocks and die while in mountainous regions
- [Bug MC-107907] - Llama spit is not saved as entity
- [Bug MC-107934] - Observers are placed with the input facing you (unlike MCPE)
- [Bug MC-107957] - Hopper: java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
- [Bug MC-107959] - Buttonspamming with observerblocks
- [Bug MC-108054] - Observer rotates towards +z, when reloaded while being moved or set with /setblock
- [Bug MC-108216] - Copying then zooming out an Explorer Map make it lose its structure pointer
- [Bug MC-108270] - Wither skeleton spawing quelled by normal skeletons
- [Bug MC-108315] - Closing options with esc doesn’t send player setting packet
- [Bug MC-108344] - Left-handed vindicators raise right arm when aggressive
- [Bug MC-108348] - Totem of undying is not consumed/destroyed
- [Bug MC-108349] - When a sticky piston (facing up with a block on it) is retracted while an entity is standing on it, the entity appears to sink into the ground.
- [Bug MC-108354] - Incorrect subtitle when equipping a llama with a chest
- [Bug MC-108357] - Naturally generated vindicators axe is missing
- [Bug MC-108358] - Crash when 32 or more pistons retract in a single chunk (IllegalArgumentException)
- [Bug MC-108378] - Crafting a Zoomed Out Map By a Hotbar Hotkey Won’t Update It
- [Bug MC-108399] - No subtitle for when the totem of undying activates
- [Bug MC-108409] - Villager makes disagree sounds when you click arrows and trade boxes.
- [Bug MC-108480] - Johnny Vindicators attempt to attack armor stands
- [Bug MC-108525] - shulker_box.png Default resource pack GUI 1 pixel too high (167 vs 166 pixel)
- [Bug MC-108588] - Structure blocks save invalid data when saving a structure at 0, 0
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, then players might realize that Grum isn't in the screenshot!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar: Minecraft server jar
Short Title: Snapshot 16w41a Ready For Testing
Full Title: Snapshot 16w41a Ready For Testing
Raw Date: 2016-10-13 19:03:04
Nice Date: 7:03 pm, October 13, 2016
Content Length: 5083